Shannon & I

My friend Shannon and I have been living parallel lives for the past 30 years or so (and we didn't even know each other for a significant portion of those years!). We both lived for a time in the same small North Dakota town when we were younger, we both got similar degrees and ended up as family therapists for the same organization (at different times), we both quit the career world to have our babies, we both have three boys, and we both are moms-turned-photographers! It's been a couple of years since we have done a session swap, (and both of us have added to our broods since the last time), so we figured it was time. It was a LOOOOOONG afternoon/evening, but it was so much fun, and so worth it!
We did her session at my friend Joanna's farm, and the lighting was just what every photographer loves.  My thanks again to Joanna for letting us crash her farm on a PERFECT summer Sunday evening.
I SO love photos of mamas with their babies and try to get as many as possible, since I know most of the time it's the mom that is behind the camera (and this is especially true for Shannon and me!)






And I think this one is perfection.  The sign says it all!
We were almost done with both of our sessions, and it had been a long afternoon of wrangling six busy little boys.  Beckett was done at this point, but we were trying to get that "one more" picture right at the end.  Finally, mom hung him upside down and his pants started to fall off!  What a great, symbolic photo of how sessions with little ones USUALLY go.
Next up are my favorites from our session with her.  Since she isn't technically still shooting for customers anymore (I'm so glad she made an exception for us!), she isn't posting on her Mirabella blog, so I figured I would post some here so you can admire her wonderful work!  I had so many favorites, here are just a few.



Yup, this is TOTALLY my boys.



And the last one is my all time favorite and will be featured on the Buck Family Christmas card 2012.
Thanks again Shannon, I had a blast!

1 comment:

Shannonheick said...

oh my!!!!! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!! INNNNN LOVE!
THANK YOU FRIEND! THANK YOU! YOU CAPTURED HOW MUCH I LOVE MY FAMILY! HOW WONDERFUL THEY ARE. ITS ALL THERE!